Monday, November 3, 2008

Get Out The Frickin' Vote!!!

I hope that you had the pleasure of going to a "Get Out The Vote" calling party this election. I did, and was very impressed by the organization of the Obama campaign. Initially, I was a little intimidated by the automated nature of the calling; I called a number from my cell phone, entered a user ID and password, hung up and waited for a call back. From that moment on, I waited for the "beep" and was connected to a home in Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Florida or Pennsylvania depending on the day and time of day. I didn't know who this person was on the other end: maybe they were an Obama supporter, a McCain supporter, were they home? were they needing the information that I had in front of me about finding the polling place?

I'm glad I spent the time doing this. I wish I had done more. I hope you feel good about what you did this election.

No comments: