Tuesday, March 12, 2013

12/365 - The Better Angels Of Our Nature


Glossary's ”The Better Angels Of Our Nature” has been on my mind since reading my friend Lance's post on his blog Adios Lounge. In his moving post, he described finding meaning about the death of his father and the birth of his daughter through “Little Caney,” one of the songs on this record. His words resonated with me, because I've always found that reflecting on someone's song lyrics can connect with us on a fairly deep level when we are going through life's meaningful moments.

I wrote about Frank Turner recently, and how one of his lyrics connected deeply with me around my decision to get and remain sober. In another one of his songs, “I Still Believe,” Franks sings, “I still believe that everyone can find a song for every time they've lost and every time they've won.”

In the words of Glossary's Joey Kneiser, “I'm still holding on to rock 'n roll.”

No comments: